Yes, this is the end. The end of 2020. What a year it has been. Unlike many other articles out there, this is one where focus will be on the good things that happened throughout the year. Don’t get me wrong, I’m well aware of all the bad this year brought us. I just think there are enough articles about that, and that perhaps you, my dear reader, could use some positivity to end this year with.
Here are some good things that happened in 2020:
John Krasinski made good news go viral with the YouTube series “Some Good News.”
Wearing sweatpants became an acceptable fashion choice all day, every day.
Everybody seems to have learned to bake bread.
People, especially Americans, adopted or fostered so many pets.
Board games became cool again (although, were they ever “out”? Must have missed that!)
We explored more of our dear nature.
Scotland became the first country in the world to unanimously pass a bill to make period products free, such as tampons and pads, to all those who need them.
We learned to cut our own hair (to some degree).
One opera performed in front of house plants and then proceeded to donate those to health care workers.
We rediscovered gardening.
It was made possible to virtually explore both national parks and museums.
Jennifer Lopez and Shakira completely crushed the Super Bowl Halftime Show
Dogs in South Africa were trained to protect wildlife and have saved 40+ rhinos from poachers.
And on a personal note:
- I got to spend my summer with ducks. An entire family of ducks came to visit me, every day for seven weeks and sporadically after that. Keep your eye out for the upcoming article about this experience (with many pictures included!)
- I grew my first tomato plants, which got 2.5 meter tall!
- I baked more than I’ve ever done before.
- I dipped myself in the Baltic Sea when it was exhilirating 11 degrees.
- I decided to start my own coaching business (more about that coming up!)
- I studied HR Management, Social Law, Communication, Behavioral Finance and even more in the psychology field.
- I read 17 books in six months (stay tuned for a blog post about my all-time favorite ones!)
- And finally, the best thing about 2020 is that I got Mr Alfred Bunion Wigglebottom, my free-roaming bunny. He makes everything in life so much better and is currently taking on the role as my personal supervisor.
What’s the best thing that happened to you in 2020? Please share in the comments!
If you haven’t already, make sure you subscribe to the blog if you liked this article!